male privilege is ryan lochte responding to ye shiwen’s record-beating swim by saying “it was pretty impressive. and it was a female. she’s fast. if she was there with me, i don’t know, she might have beat me.”
lochte swam his final 50 meters in 29.10 seconds. ye swam it in 28.93. motherfucker, she DID BEAT YOU.
REBLOG IF YOU HONESTLY THOUGHT YOU’D NEVER GET OVER 10 FOLLOWERS.
- Theodor Seuss Geisel: Can you use your imagination?
- J.K. Rowling: Do you believe in Magic?
- Rick Riordan: Do you know your myths?
- Ryan Murphy: Why be like everyone else?
- Suzanne Collins: Are you going to make the right choice?
- George R. R. Martin: All die, so why fear it?
- Veronica Roth: There are always secrets to be broken?
- Cassandra Clare: What would you do for love?
- Lauren Oliver: What is a world without love?
- Orson Scott Card: Can you really break the status quo of society?
- Scott Westerfeld: How does one define beauty?
- Stephanie Meyer: How do you get a vampire to fuck you?
willow smith is 10 and she’s worth $4 million
i’m fifteen and i’m worth a piece of confetti at the olympics
Don't ever hesitate. There's hope.
- Dominos Pizza: 1-(734) 930-3030
- Papa John's: 1-(877)-547-7272
- Pizza Hut: 1-(800)-948-8488
“Grades are a problem. On the most general level, they’re an explicit acknowledgment that what you’re doing is insufficiently interesting or rewarding for you to do it on your own. Nobody ever gave you a grade for learning how to play, how to ride a bicycle, or how to kiss. One of the best ways to destroy love for any of these activities would be through the use of grades, and the coercion and judgment they represent. Grades are a cudgel to bludgeon the unwilling into doing what they don’t want to do, an important instrument in inculcating children into a lifelong subservience to whatever authority happens to be thrust over them.” —Derrick Jensen (via suavium)
Jul 30, 2012939 notes
#Yes. #This is super true. #And it is why I am very tempted to say fuck it to college #but I also wanna keep learning. #But I don't want an ass ton of student debt #and I want to learn because I want to learn #and if I go into college I will have to learn stupid things I don't want to because the school system is telling me I have to. #So. #I have hit a wall.
“Rape humor is designed to remind women that they are still not quite equal. Just as their bodies and reproductive freedom are open to legislation and public discourse, so are their other issues. When women respond negatively to misogynistic or rape humor they are “sensitive” and branded as feminist a word which has, as of late, become a catch all term for, “woman who does not tolerate bullshit.” —
Roxane Gay, “Daniel Tosh and rape jokes: still not funny”